1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Post World Series Coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gator_Hawks, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In what way?

2. Yes -- the asterisk!
    * New England
    Every day.
    That was funny, and I have nothing against the Patriots.
    The rest of us take ourselves far too seriously to do it even once.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

i'll take the post over the daily news.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If there's nothing in the Post tomorrow breaking down the series on Game 1 day, take it to task. Nothing wrong with having fun on the day before. Even the NYT on Tuesday had a light story about the Phillies taking the train to town.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yep.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't get the big deal about taking the train to New York - probably quicker than even a bus ride in from either airport to Midtown.

7. Almost forgot: the Post is home to Hondo's weekly NFL picks.
    And this Philly train-related thought: I believe the Eagles take the train to games in Landover, and are met by their bus at the train station. Maybe not MNF games, but for all others.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love the Po$t. Hone$tly, the be$t perk of moving to CT wa$ getting the NYP delivered to my door.

$adly, they doubled their rate on me thi$ year $o I had to cancel. I still mi$$ counting up the $ in the headline$.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Speaking of the Post, who is the SE there now?
    Greg Gallo quietly retired as of last Friday, from what I'm told.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

First quiet thing he ever did.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Had heard about a month ago that Gallo put in retirement papers. Last Thursday someone asked me if I had heard that Friday was Gallo's last day.
    Anybody know the real story?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny thing about New York and Philly, when I think of the stereotypical fan of either team it's a unibrow wearing a tracksuit with a gold chain and a lot of neck hair. Extra points for sunglasses at night and a backwards cap or big sparkly ear stud.

Draft saved Draft deleted