1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Post pulls a fast one on Cowboys fans

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Write-brained, Jan 15, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

That's not Jessica Simpson at the Cowboys' playoff game against the Giants.

The New York Post hired a lookalike to jinx the boys. It's a tabloid, yada, yada, but is it acceptable behavior for a newspaper?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142008/news/nationalnews/boys_seeing_double_409749.htm

January 14, 2008 -- IRVING, Texas - Jess win, baby!

Even a fake Jessica Simpson was good enough to throw off the Dallas Cowboys yesterday, as Big Blue took a Giant step toward the Super Bowl.

The Giants, who notched a stunning 21-17 victory over Dallas in the NFC Divisional Playoffs, had a good-luck charm in the stands - in the form of Simpson lookalike Lynsey Nordstrom.

The real Simpson was the subject of great hand-wringing in Big D all week because of her budding romance with Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and his habit of falling short on the field when gal pals are in attendance.

Simpson - nicknamed "Yoko Romo" by some superstitious Cowboys fans - didn't show up yesterday, but The Post brought Nordstrom, a beautiful, 21-year-old nanny from Bothell, Wash., to Texas Stadium.

We sat her in the third row at the 50-yard line behind Dallas' bench. The stunner's Simpson-esque vibes must have made the difference - Romo's final drive was stopped short of the end zone.

You're welcome, New York!

"I knew we were going to win when I saw her [Nordstrom]. I'm dead serious!" said Giant die-hard Anthony Triglia, 21, of Staten Island who cheered Big Blue in the heart of enemy territory.

"You have to come to Green Bay," Triglia told Nordstrom.

Then, in true Jessica, Chicken-of-the-Sea fashion, Nordstrom candidly responded: "What's Green Bay?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Write, I expected better from you.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/51644/

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'd say cut Write some slack.

I hope that the same folks who come up with some of these thread titles don't write headlines on the job.

Or most of their readers would go bald scratching their heads and muttering "WTF?".

Draft saved Draft deleted