1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY police officers acquitted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 25, 2008.

1. If the victim is white, there's no victim.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Buck,
    The cops weren't being shot at. The victim had no weapon with which to shoot him.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

A quick thought about why any of us are unlikely to see public expressions of remorse from those involved. All concerned have been told, I'm sure, to keep their mouths shut pending what is likely to be a hugely punitive civil case against the city and the NYPD.

Institutional racism and broader cultural factors aside, while there might not have been criminality in the actions of the officers that night, there was near limitless negligence and incompetence on display.

For which the city's taxpayers will lay out millions and millions of dollars to settle the civil case which is sure to be filed before the end of next week.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

keep on keepin on, Danny

5. Simon_Cowbell

Don't back away from your idiocy now.

You said it.

6. Actually, foof, I didn't.
    What I said was that the act was a racist act. I explained why. It doesn't matter what colors the actual cops were. In the past, there were black people who sold out their own to the white power structure in the South. What they did were racist acts in that the acts served an apartheid system of white supremacy. Whether they personally were racists is irrelevant to the discussion, but not, apparently, if reading is not overly fundamental.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think NYC should consider the idea of no longer allowing cops to carry guns.

Anyone read Gladwells "Blink" ? He has some very interesting observations on the mindset of a cop under fire.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If I may, how would cops keep the peace without having a handgun?

9. Simon_Cowbell

Could you possibly be more full to the brim with feces?

You are a bullshit fingerpainter.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It works in England. The Bobbies carry no guns.It's time to think outside the box.

11. That hats, though, Boom
    We don't need the hats.

12. Excellent substantive retort.
    I bow to your expertise as regards fingerpainting. I'm sure it was tough to have to take the class twice.

Draft saved Draft deleted