1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Gov prostitution ring - Non douchebag version

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I just wanted a hypocritical politician thread without the politics but plenty of analysis and jokes ... is that so wrong?

Let's have a toe-tapping good time.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1065087320080310

NEW YORK (Reuters) - There wasn't much sympathy on the streets of New York on Monday for Gov. Eliot Spitzer, an anti-corruption crusader caught up in a sex scandal.

The New York Times said Spitzer was caught on a federal wiretap arranging to meet a prostitute at a Washington hotel last month. Spitzer neither confirmed nor denied Monday's report, but apologized for violating his obligations to his family and his "sense of right and wrong."

Elmira Shirkhin, 27, who works in sales, said she wasn't surprised. "It's what you would think politicians would do," she said, drawing a parallel to former President Bill Clinton's sexual dalliance with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

"It's men and power. They think they can do anything and get away with it," Shirkhin said.

Sales manager Christine Whited, 24, wondered how politicians thought they could get away with such indiscretions. "Aren't they afraid of getting caught? They're in the limelight," she said. "Somebody who's in the public eye, I would think they would fear getting caught."

As New York's state attorney general before being elected governor in November 2006, Spitzer built his reputation going after white-collar crime on Wall Street. As governor, he vowed to clean up state politics.

"He did a lot of damage to Wall Street, now it's come back to bite him in the rear end," said Michael Mrakov, 41, a trading assistant, speaking in front of the New York Stock Exchange.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Did they mention Spitzer was a Democrat anywhere in the stories today? [/sorrycouldn'tresist]

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It doesn't seem to be as popular. Wonder why.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yes, 33rd graph in cnn account.

Couldn't resist that either.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

There goes the neighborhood.
    Douchebag has arrived.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Apparently, Yawn failed to understand the thread title.

7. Unfortunate, because I'm the only one who pays him a compliment from time to time ...

So much for his BS about giving up on the maniacal partisan shit ...

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh I'm done for the night, white. I'm going to go get some quality news and entertainment time with Hannity and Colmes.

9. Don't forget to take your pills and to fuck your wife in the missionary position ...

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

A mental image we most assuredly can do without. Thanks brian!

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Since ripping Yawn is so productive and takes the high road.

Riiiiight.

Would be much easier if y'all used the button on him instead of passively aggressively baiting him, as you've been doing for much of the day.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Active Member

...and Yawn mispells Write's name. How sad is that?

Anyhoo...

if you can't be a public official or someone famous, then how can you get a hooker these days? As history has showed us, the Mayflower Madam, Heidi Fleiss, the madam that got David Vitter into trouble, and now these broads at the Emperors Club, have provided a big fish for the feds. I don't think I want to trust a prostitute to keep any sexual trysts secret.

Draft saved Draft deleted