1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Gov "involved" with prostituion ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Mar 10, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Times story updated...seems the Gov was a client:

Just last week, federal prosecutors arrested four people in connection with an expensive prostitution operation. Administration officials would not say that this was the ring with which the governor had become involved.

But a person with knowledge of the governor’s role said that the person believes the governor is one of the men identified as clients in court papers.

The governor’s travel records show that he was in Washington in mid-February. One of the clients described in court papers arranged to meet with a prostitute who was part of the ring, the Emperors Club VIP on the night of Feb. 13.

Mr. Spitzer appeared on a CNBC television show at 7 a.m. the next morning. Later in the morning, he testified before a Congressional committee.

An affidavit filed in federal court in Manhattan in connection with that case lists six conversations between the man, identified as Client 9, and a booking agent for the Emperors Club.

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Hey, Edwin Edwards didn't have to go to hookers. Women slept with him for free.
    The Wall Street Journal editorial page has been taking a sledgehammer to Spitzer for years. This certainly won't help matters.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Since this has nothing to do with his work as Governor, I doubt this story has legs. Reporters aren't interested in this kind of story. Nothing to see. Move along.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Another womanizing Democrat.

Helps to balance out all the man-izing Republicans.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What a dope. That's what interns are for.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Joe Bruno just got his first erection since the Carter administration.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I guess sleeping with the governor isn't the status symbol it once was.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Damn. I was holding out hope he was a pimp.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have seen no reference to the prostitutes being female.

10. 21 has her teeth into this one.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He's going to plead guilty to try and keep it out of the papers.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jim McGreevey has no idea why his phone just began ringing off the hook.

Draft saved Draft deleted