1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Giants Hire Homphobic Director of Player Development

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

To summarize: the Giants hired someone who admitted he "probably would" give up his greatest professional accomplishment -- and one of the four biggest moments in nearly a century of history -- just to deny rights to a group of people.

Wow.

And I don't want to know a God who would be "honored" by such tomfoolery.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll give him credit for this: It's just a sporting event. A game. Truly meaningless in the grand scheme of the universe (regardless of whether one believes in God or whether He has a plan for such universe). At least Tyree understands that.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people in Boston would take him up on it.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Touche.

Better wording: "Stop posturing and put your money where your mouth is."

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe Tyree can turn Sam

"Tyree has also said he believes gay men and lesbians can be taught to become straight, a discredited practice sometimes called “pray the gay away.”

“I’ll never be a former black,” Tyree said on Twitter in 2011. “I have met former homosexuals.”

6. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

$100 bucks says the loveable New York media will have this guy's job by March.
    You'd think we'd all by now know how to spell "homophobic."

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Hell, without even leaving the "NFL muckety-mucks and their thoughts on gay people" genre, I imagine most of us can spell "wouldn't."

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tony Dungee will hold a Labor Day Telethon and sing You'll Never Fuck Alone

9. BTExpress

The cow has left and will never return to the barn after all this time, but for the love of correct English can we please stop using the term "phobic" ?

I don't like rap music, reality TV, soccer, leaf blowers or going to NFL games in person. I'm not "phobic" about any of them.

It's really OK to not like something without being "phobic" about it. I

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You don't know what phobia means.

Phobia isn't disliking something. Phobia is irrational fear of something. It fits perfectly here.

11. BTExpress

I know exactly what it means. There is no "fear" involved in the great majority of these discussions. True phobias are serious, and very, very rare.

It's everyone else that seems to be equating "disliking" with "fearing".

My sister-in-law will not step on an airplane. That's a phobia. A serious, irrational fear that limits her ability to go places and do things.

Tony Dungy (and David Tyree and Tim Tebow as well) do not approve of homosexuality on basically religious grounds but would have no problem sitting with a homosexual and having a conversation. That's not a phobia.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They and their ilk fear that two men getting married is going to destroy their own marriages. That's irrational fear.

Draft saved Draft deleted