1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Daily News on Seinfeld

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 9, 2008.

1. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

I suppose. I wish David would so a stand-up tour. I know he wasn't really known for his stand-up back in the day, but I can imagine he would be absolutely hilarious on stage for some reason.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There was an old story on one of the first season discs about David's shows. If he told a joke and the audience didn't laugh, he'd call them all idiots and walk off the stage. He was "too smart" for them. I'd pay good money to see his act.

3. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Yeah... I saw that same feature. He would go out on stage and, if he didn't feel like he could make them laugh, he'd just say... "Yeah... Not tonight. Bye."

That shit is just too funny to me.

4. jps

jps Active Member

Watching Keith Hernandez episode now.

"He wants me to help him move!"

"How can you prostitute yourself like this!? Whaddaya gonna do next? Ya gonna drive him to the airport!?"

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Geez, if the LA episodes aren't the weakest, which ones are? To me they're the worst by a mile.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm not drivin' him to the airport!

7. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

I think The Bris has to be up there ... every time I see that show and the mohel does that rant at Elaine about leaving the glass at the edge of the table, I'm on the floor. And earlier in that episode a guy commits suicide by jumping off the top of the hospital and landing on George's car ... and that scene where George tries to ask the hospital administrator to pay for the damages kills me too.

And pretty much anything with George's parents ... like in the Puffy Shirt episode where he's a hand model and Frank and Estelle get into an argument about putting bananas in the jello. Anytime those two are screaming at each other is gold.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Why can't you put the bananas on the side?

9. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Okay, I'm going to go against the grain here...

I'm not saying the final Seinfeld episode was great, but what else could they have done to honor the series? It couldn't end with Jerry and Elaine falling in love and getting married with the entire cast there...that would have been lame.

But the final episode got all the great characters back on the show and the judge's name was Art Vandelay.

I'm not saying it was great, but I'd be interested to hear any better ideas to do the show justice.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've always said the episode ended how it should have -- with the four of them together, talking about everyday things like the placement of a button (which was perfect because that was the show's first conversation). It was a reunion show, and one of the best of its kind.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Couldn't disagree more on the top two worst selections.

"But you had to have the biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig salad!" has been a running inside joke for my wife and I for years.

And The Trip is one of my favorites.

Kramer to the detective: "How'd you know about the guy in the park?"

And the scene where Jerry and George ride with the cops (one of whom later is cast as Jake Jarmel) always cracks me up. "Can I try the siren?"

I can't believe the episode where Kathy Griffin guests as the comedienne who bases her standup on ripping Jerry didn't make the worst list. It was dreadful.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Anything with Kathy Griffin makes a worst list for me. I can't figure out how they put the Trip episodes on there, they were great

Draft saved Draft deleted