1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Daily News on Seinfeld

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's just a great episode. "Cantstandya ... Cantstandya. ..." And it is the Tropic of Cancer Jeff had.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Jeff?

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The best:
    1, The Contest

I like these almost as much:
    The Mango
    The Implant (Teri Hatcher)
    The Fusilli Jerry (the "Assman" episode)
    The Hamptons ("shrinkage!")

The worst?
    Last episode. Suuuucked.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Oh man the implant episode was classic
    "They're real and they're spectacular" :eek:

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think you're both mentally ill.

6. jps

jps Active Member

I dunno mikey ... you may not be so stable yourself.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I take cold showers. I'm fine.

8. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

This might have been mentioned earlier. I'm too lazy to go through uh.... the only other page on this thread.

Is it time to officially admit Larry David was the genius behind the show and that without him, this show is god awful?

9. jps

jps Active Member

yes

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There'd be no George without Larry David, and the show wouldn't have lasted nine seasons. The show would have been OK without Jerry or without Larry. You can go further and say the show would have taken a big hit if you got rid of one of the four main actors, too. Seinfeld, more than most shows, was such an ensemble cast -- both creatively and executed -- that every person played off another. Take away Richards and you lose all the physical comedy he brought; he made Kramer, just like Julia and Jason made Elaine and George, respectively.

11. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

It's tough to say because Seinfeld really hasn't done anything since he left (and likely won't) whereas David has absolutely thrived in a show I consider to be even better than Seinfeld.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think David was the idea guy, for sure. Although Seinfeld got a bum rap at the end because the ideas were really off-the-wall, but at that point, after more than 200 episodes, the well does dry up a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted