1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Daily News on Seinfeld

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Their top episodes and worst episodes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/07/08/2008-07-08_a_look_back_at_the_best__and_worst__sein.html

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's great that The Daily News did this, considering it was referenced on the show at the end of Season 3.

Kramer: Do you have any reason for getting up in the morning?
    George: ... I like to get the Daily News.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I had no idea that there were enough Seinfeld fans around here to merit a thread for this.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That's a tough assignment--with a show of that quality, you're going to pretty much get a 'you left out....'response from everyone.

Mine? The Merv Griffin episode and the Backwards episode (The Betrayal). The backwards episode was really genius, and a good storyline to boot. And if you disagree, you can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister.

And no way the Big Salad or the LA episodes qualify as the worst.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Puerto Rican Day Parade episode was classic, too, and rarely shown on television due to the "racism" cries. But, you're right, Captain: The Merv Griffin episode was one of the all-time great shows. I laugh uncontrollably when I see it.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You see that, Beaks? We've got to work harder.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Daily News was also reference when George was trying to get a job with Elaine's company at the time. Said his favorite author was Mike Lupica.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Indeed. He also enjoys the Daily Worker.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Did we ever decide whether Seinfeld was better than The Simpsons? :)

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sounds like a good poll, JR ;)

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But useless. Seinfeld in a landslide.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The worst episode(s) was when they did one all about the "other" guys who were like Jerry and George and Kramer. Absolutely horrible.

Two of my favorites are (1) Jerry and Elaine in Florida where Elaine sleeps on the sofa bed and there's no air conditioning and (2) Elaine dancing, that one gets me ROFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted