1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Daily News: Ankiel linked to HGH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The inevitable football fallout will be even better.

What? You don't think 6-foot-5, 250-pound guys running 4.5 40s is weird?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't worry dude. I'm with you on this one.

And like you, I can't wait for the shitstorm to begin. If it ever does, of course. Football's so clean!

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I see this in the future for the Cardinals' and national media ...

[​IMG]

"... the first time I hear insincerity, I'm going to start swinging this fungo."

4. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. They're all fucking dirty, some how, some way.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Remember, Oz: Harrison wasn't trying to gain an advantage taking HGH. He was only trying to heal faster.

Because, you know, that wouldn't help him. at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If any one of you have been to so much as one NFL training camp practice, and you don't think two-thirds of those freaks are on something, then I just don't know what to tell you.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

When the steroids shit first started surfacing in 2002 or '03, I was in an MLB locker room getting reaction on that sort of stuff.

And I got a quote along these lines: "I don't see what the big deal is, because steroids don't help you hit a baseball."

Then why in the fuck would half of your teammates take them, doucheface?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

BYH, that explanation by Harrison still cracks me up.

Just curious, with all these reports of athletes receiving HGH -- Rodney Harrison, the WWE, Rick Ankiel maybe now -- is this all somehow tied together or just coincidence? Because I can't remember any HGH leaks previous to this.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There's no shitstorm coming in football. People don't care. I think they assume a huge percentage of NFL players are drugged to the gills anyway.

There's only a shitstorm in baseball because baseball fans revere the stats and records, and guys on PEDs have toppled the records. There's a reason no one gave a shit about PEDs in baseball before McGwire broke the record, and it reached a peak with Bonds in the last year.

Individual records don't mean anything in football, so you're never going to hear a similar outcry.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good call, I knew I was bound to forget something at nearly 2 a.m.

Draft saved Draft deleted