1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nutritional Question - "Naked" Smoothies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Mar 18, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How expensive are these things?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They also have a "protein special" but it has twice the calories as the others so I avoided that one.

They're 2.99 to 3.69 normally. Too high in my book. I found them 5/10 over the weekend, which is still high but more reasonable

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. That would severely cut into my Red Bull budget, and I won't stand for that. I may try one, though, the next time I see it.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Moddy - if you want a meal substitute, making your own is dead brain simple and much cheaper. Just toss some fresh fruit and Greek style yogurt in a blender, add some ice to thin and froth it, and you've got something tasty, healthy, filling AND a good protein source.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They have two 32-ounce ones at Sam's Club for $7 or so.

They're so good, but they're expensive as shit.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not trying to be saracastic or smarmy. But why look for meal replacements, when you can just eat meals? Good, sensible meals. Without long labels full of stuff you can't pronounce. Just food. Real food. And real meals (even simple ones) made from real food -- salads, soups, veggies, fruits, etc.

You can't do any better than that for weight or healthiness.

Draft saved Draft deleted