1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NU's Callahan Gone.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Blackshirt, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I've been called as soon as 45 min. before a presser. Not unheard of, although you'd think they'd want to make sure everyone was there in time for this one.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Omaha to Lincoln is one hour.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Thanks for the insight, Doc.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You'd have to imagine at least one Omaha sports guy is already in Lincoln full-time.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I feel like there's a possibility of them waiting to call a press conference until an hour and a half before just to give the players a chance to get in practice and hear from the coaches or AD before hearing from the media.

I'm sure it would be a horrible feeling as a player to hear from your local sports guy that coach is getting fired rather than hearing from the department.

And I'd imagine at least one sports guy from each station has been in Lincoln every morning this week from all the rumors flying around.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

They have one guy in Lincoln full-time. But TV is all in downtown Omaha. It'll actually take more than an hour for them to get to Lincoln. For something of this magnitude, I don't think NU would sneak something like this in at the last minute.

I could be wrong; I have been before. But I think if it was going to happen, a CREDIBLE source would have heard something by now.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd say a significant percentage of Indiana University news conferences were announced on short notice. A news conference on my own beat was announced less than 90 minutes before the fact earlier this year.

Mizzou is right, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

BillyCrimsonPants came by earlier. He said that guy Bubbler was an exaggeratin' piece of shit.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know BillyCrimsonPants. He's the guy who has frame-by-frame proof that Bob Knight didn't grab Neil Reed's neck.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The 6pm presser is the weekly press conference NU holds after practice. That was announced by Kugler and Severe on 1620 just now. Just sending the message, I didn't start it. :p

11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

He's not fat; he's just big-boned. Beefcake! Beefcake!

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Still nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.