1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NU's Callahan Gone.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Blackshirt, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Doc's right. Nothing has been confirmed anywhere.

A lot of people are hearing the rumor, though.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, if there's gonna be a press conference, they better call it soon.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't know, I'd kind of like to see Callahan and Fran go at it this weekend in what Pat Forde called the "Buyout Bowl."

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It must be a slow news day in Omaha/Lincoln. Radio shows need something to talk about other than will Pete Rose and the HOF, and 2008 recruiting classes for college football. ;D

I'm taking Bill to win. Fran lost this team last week. Before they got off the bus.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The university sports information department says nothing has been scheduled.

Who knows if this is true or not, but if it is, it's going to be one hell of a day in Lincoln again.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, now confirming. This is NOT. HAPPENING.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know there are some people who cover NU on this site.

Do people actually think they're going to hire Turner Gill after Callahan is fired, whether it happens today or after the season?

Also, in college football, I think it's smart to make this move earlier rather than waiting until the end of the season. It gives the AD more time to find out just who is interested in the job, sort of what happened with Florida before they hired Meyer...

8. Johnny Blackshirt

Johnny Blackshirt New Member

Listen guys I didnt come on here to toot my own horn.Yeah I am a Nebraska guy and I do frequent NU message boards but... the guy that posted this is a research scientist at UNL and a VERY credible source.I know for a fact he has been contacted my Foxsports and they have other sources saying the same thing.Believe what you want but there is a presser @6 CST in Lincoln to talk about something

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

JDV is Fox Sports' source? Killer stylo!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not according to everyone I've talked to. Like I said, I'll believe it when I read it in Lincoln or Omaha.

Also, it's not logistically possible for a 6 p.m. press conference. It hasn't been announced or confirmed yet, and two hours isn't enough time.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not saying it's happening, but I've seen tons of pressers called on an hour or two notice... You would hope that wouldn't be the case... Personally, I don't think Osborne would do that, but a lot of places would...

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How long would it take all the media to even get to Lincoln?

Then you have to have them fight rush-hour traffic, however sinister that may be in Lincoln.

I'd imagine there'd be more notice than two hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.