1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NU's Callahan Gone.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Blackshirt, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

"Dee ... fense?"

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Perhaps The Big Lead is running that site. He'll check with his sources in a few days and get back to us.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Barney's busily giving short shrift to half the population, in the grand Colorado tradition.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's unlikely and Osborne confirmed it yesterday that no changes will be made, but I would not be suprised if this is the route they could go at the end of the season, should Osborne decide that it's time to part ways with Callahan.

My question, though, is with McBride. Does he want to return to the program and run it? IIRC, McBride retired during Solich's tenure as coach. It's a stretch, but an outside idea is to bring back Barney Cotton, who was their OC and O-line coach before joining McCarney at ISU. Cotton is currently coaching his kid at Ames High after Mac was let go last November.

Pellini and Gill are going to get serious looks. I wouldn't go near Houston Nutt.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fanboy might have been on to something. Word is, there will be a 6 p.m. press conference.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If that is true, I will eat. my. words.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

All the sports talk radio stations in Nebraska are talking about it right now.

8. Who's doing the feed reports?
    (ducking)

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

FWIW, still nothing on the front page of www.journalstar.com.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You know, if this is true, it's not like it would be the first time that fanboys caught wind of something before the mainstream press. And it wouldn't be the first time fanboys were ridiculed by those who think they're always first and right every time. Just sayin.......

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Will stand by my point: Usually the people in the know aren't pecking away on the message boards when they or someone else is about to pull the trigger.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

FWIW, nothing is confirmed. It's a rumor being perpetuated by sports talk radio. I repeat: there is no confirmation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.