1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nurse Jackie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jun 7, 2009.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

So far, I like it, however I was really surprised to find out she was married!

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Saw tonight's episode and am now addicted. A really good -- but quite off-beat -- show.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

agreed. i'm thoroughly enjoying it. had a subtle laugh out loud moment for me when her doc friend admitted she was toying with the newbie nurse about the stethoscope. ;D ;D ;D

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's on Showtime, which people have to pay for.

No chance they're putting it on hulu.com. Why would Showtime ever do that?

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

thanks to our dumping of cablevision for fios three months ago we now get showtime among many, many, MANY other channels we didn't have before for about the same money. it's been tremendous for our tv, internet and phone service.

among the perks is getting turned onto "weeds" and now "nurse jackie." fabulous tv for someone who is pretty much glued to the tube. ;) ;) ;)

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you think those are good, get turned onto "Dexter" and "Californication"

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Bump. People still watching?

This show is rapidly moving up my list of favorites. This week was fantastic.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's aces. monday nights on showtime are great, with "weeds" and "jackie" back-to-back. 8) 8) 8)

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good show... Not quite as good as Weeds, and nowhere close to as good as Californication, but still worth watching.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've seen five so far. The second ep was jarring, as it was a lot different in tone from the first one; not near as much voiceover. But it's maintaining that tone, and I'm getting used to it. I'm concluding that Jackie is in a way a crack whore who can at least function enough to hold a job. The schtik of the nursing supervisor having cruel things happen to her is getting real old fast.

11. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I thought this past week's episode was great. Loved the backstory on Cooper's mother's. Loved how they handled the dying nurse and her needs. Loved how she walked into the apartment at the end and stuff was all packed up. One thing that mistifies me is why Jackie keeps it a secret that she's married with children from her co-workers, other than Miss British Doctor. And Zoey trying to figure out her place just makes me laugh.

Really enjoying it and happy the 2nd season has already been ordered. I would love to someday meet Edie Falco as I think we would hit it off perfectly.

PS: Also a huge fan of Californication.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

on a personal aside, one of our best friends here in town went to high school with both edie falco AND john scurti (lou on "rescue me"). she swears edie is the real deal and scurti is the funniest guy on the planet.

but how's that for a high school class? although i'm not sure they graduated the same year. may have been a year apart. 8) 8) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted