1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nurse Jackie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jun 7, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think the official premiere is Monday, but I saw it on my cable system's On Demand. Edie Falco's character is along the line of Dexter Morgan: a highly imperfect righter of wrongs, and a messed-up beacon of stability. But Jackie doesn't have the external cool Dexter has. The twist at the end makes you go "WTF" and "WTF could you be thinking?" Its quirkiness may end up wearing, but it seems worth keeping track of.

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

My TiVo is all set to record it tomorrow. I love Edie Falco and can't wait to see it.

3. dooley_womack1

The haircut and her acting make her very much seem the veteran ER nurse. The female doctor she's pals with is a hoot.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

any project featuring falco i'm there. 8) 8) 8)

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Looking forward to trying the show. EW called her haircut "daringly unattractive."

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I downloaded the free pilot off iTunes today. It seems interesting. I will have to pay for it if I want to watch it, though. Not sure I want to do it.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I saw the season premier On Demand a few days ago. There's a quirkiness about it I liked and will definitely be tuning in through the rest of the season.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Why pay for it when you can either catch it on TV tomorrow night or on hulu.com?

9. dooley_womack1

Bump. Anyone watch it tonight?

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup. it was very, very good. with a good, unexpected twist at the end. 8) 8) 8)

hmmm. are "unexpected" and "twist" the same? i'm sleepy.

oh, as the first ep of the "weeds" season was terrific, too. monday nights are set this summer. ;D ;D ;D

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Because I don't have Showtime. This is on Hulu?

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The next two episodes were just as good as the pilot.
    There's also a big Sopranos connection in the show that I didn't notice until I overheard someone mention it -- the guy that plays Eddie (the pharmacist she's having the affair with) also played Father Phil (the priest she wanted to have an affair with) on the Sopranos.

Draft saved Draft deleted