1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nun Sense

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 4, 2007.

1. So much stupid. So little time.
    First of all, nobody is talking about not accepting political activism from religious people. I've explicitly defended it on at least three posts on this thread. I have no problem, hypothetically, siding with the nuns on Iraq and against them on issues of reproductive freedom because I believe, in the realm of secular politics, they are right on the first and wrong on the second. (Just as I agree with Governor Bob Riley of Alabama on much of what he says about taxation but not on what he believes about a lot of other obvious issues.) That is because I look upon the nuns in this context as political actors and not as clergy.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So much arrogance. So little gray matter with which to back it up.
    Again, and I'll repeat this to the cows come home: Stupid in Fenian and JR World=not agreeing with them.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jesus, every time I think, "Hondo can't possibly get even dumber", he surpasses all my expectations..

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo, you dork, you are proven consistently wrong, thread in and thread out.

And when you're shown that you don't have a single clue what you're talking about, that you are, in fact stupid, that you are full of shit, you bring out the "stupid means doesn't agree with FB or JR".

No.

It means you're stupid. Period.

Go back to looking for Muslims under your bed.

5. One substantive rebuttal, please.
    You said something that was manifestly untrue about the opinions expressed here regarding political activism by religious people.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And all of the above vitrol, insults, personal attacks and low-class behavior exhibited above is a direct result of you having a childish, foot-stomping, hold your breath until you're blue tantrum because someone dares disagree with you. You're a whining, sniveling brat who should be in the naughty corner. Might even be room for Fenian.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The only substantive rebuttal you'd accept is for me to completely agree with you. Won't happen, so feel free to have a JR tantrum.

8. And, so, the answer would seem to be that you don't have one.
    OK.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Whoppi's read the entire thread, and in Icelandic asked me to say politely that yes, it's possible that at least one person here doesn't seem to get it. The distinction between protesting a single event and advocating specific religious principle as law doesn't seem that fine to Whoppi, but Whoppi allows as how she may have trouble understanding America and Americans.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wasn't disagreeing with you. It's not a question of difference of opinion.

You're wrong as FB, me & now jgmacg have pointed out,

Wrong, as in, you don't know what you're talking about and can't back up any statements you've made.

Draft saved Draft deleted