1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Numbers to LA Times and the OC Register

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Need the numbers to the sports departments at the LA Times and the OC Register.
    Anyone know them off the top of their heads.
    Feel free to PM

Much thanks

j

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Feel free to go to the papers' websites and click on contact us. It's not that difficult.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

Not every paper (including mine) lists the entire staff on its Web site and some only list editors.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

He did ask for entire staff, he asked for sports department numbers. Trust me, he can get both of them off the web sites if he cared to do a single iota of work.

5. JayFarrar

umm, actually you can't but thanks for playing.
    The OC Register doesn't list individual contact numbers and they have one general line that goes to voice mail. The LAT appears to have one general number as well, and a feature that lets you e-mail sports@latimes.com, but not a direct line to the sports desk.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

Out of curiosity, I went to the Web sites. In three minutes I discovered:

LOS ANGELES TIMES
    No listing for sports department phone number
    Main switchboard number 213-237-5000

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
    Sports
    Team Leader Greg Gibson
    sports@ocregister.com (714) 796-7804

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

So you call the general number and ask to be connected. Or you go to sports, click on "Contact Us," and find the number for reporting news. Someone will answer that one. I'll let you find it. It takes some reporting; good luck.

The Register's site isn't as easy, but for a journalist, it's a simple matter to find the number. Which I did by searching for "sports department" with the Register's area code, (714).

No problem. Unless you're lazy. It took me less time to find these numbers than it did for you to post this thread and return to be an ass to spirited, who frankly has a point.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I trust Jay is not a very good reporter. He can't take five minutes to find phone numbers and make a couple of calls.

9. boots

boots New Member

This is sad.

10. Ouch.

11. JayFarrar

Yep, just a dumbass, barely able to turn a computer on.
    Yeah, I found newsroom numbers, that both went to voice mail and with it being after regular business hours on the west coast, I thought that maybe someone knew the direct dial numbers to the sports desk.
    But my stupidity is overwhelming me tonight.

12. boots

boots New Member

At least you are honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.