1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Number of MLB stadium you've seen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RonClements, Apr 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. doctorx

doctorx Member

Fulton County Stadium
    Turner Field
    Metrodome
    Joe Robbie Stadium (whatever it was called when the Marlins debuted)
    Tropicana Stadium
    Kauffman Stadium
    Riverfront Stadium
    Busch Stadium
    The Vet
    Olympic Stadium
    SkyDome
    Wrigley
    Coors Field
    Jack Murphy

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Fun fact - the Ellipse in DC - between the WH and the mall, was the original home of the original Washington Senators circa 1860.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You missed out on this beaut?

[​IMG]

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's a very good (and very long) read about a proposal this Sox fan vaguely remembers. I recall the proposal to build in Addison and the threat to move to Florida much more vividly, and in that regard, New Comiskey was a better option, even if you worried about an off-course airplane from Midway bonking you in the head as you sat way up in the upper deck.

I recall walking through Armour Park before and after games I attended as a kid in old Comiskey. Always thought it would be cool to have Little League games in the shadow of a big league ballpark. It was certainly a more upbeat area to park than south of Old Comiskey, which as the article notes was rather run-down and segregated from the Bridgeport neighborhood.

One final note — while the Armour Park stadium might have brought more of a Wrigleyville atmosphere to the area, the neighborhoods around New Comiskey have gentrified a great deal since the new park opened. Especially west of the railroad tracks.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was at Tropicana Field for the strange matchup of Phillies vs. Devil Rays. I've thought the Trop has gotten a bad rap. Had a very nice experience there, and thought the stadium felt as cozy as a living room.

RonClements likes this.
  7. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Thanks man and we'll be in Cleveland over Memorial Day weekend for the series against the White Sox.
    Here's our schedule: MLB schedule, dates, location for Home Run On Wheels

Also, "Monstrosity" Park. LOL Not a fan, eh?

8. RonClements

Impressive list

9. RonClements

We saw 10 of the 13 Grapefruit League stadiums this spring and plan on hitting all of the Cactus League fields next year.

10. RonClements

Touche

11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Which stadium are you most looking forward to attend?

12. RonClements

I can't wait to see PNC Park and AT&T Park. My wife is most looking forward to seeing Fenway Park, which will be later this month. Pittsburgh will be in late May and San Francisco in late July.

John B. Foster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted