1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

number for philadelphia eagles media relations?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by strunk_you, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Here is how the question was asked. How was he being a dick?

2. Strunk wasn't a dick, actually.

He just got pissed when people jumped his shit. Can't say I blame him. If you don't want to answer the guy's question, move on.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Media links for the major sports? Like the list on the APSE site, you mean? Seriously, these things aren't all that hard to find.

And for that, you can fetch me a beer, newbie. :)

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's a simple question. Answer it or don't.

Any schmuck can look at a website. Among colleagues, I would NEVER hesitate to ask, 'hey, who do you talk to at...' if I didn't know and wanted to know more than the average schmuck.

It's a message board.

And to the guy who didn't like my language but uses hell in his screen name...everyone needs a good fuck now and then.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

While I agree with most of you that this should be pretty easy info to find with a little common sense, I have to agree with strunk that this is really no different than asking someone in the office. If an inexperienced writer can't get the help he needs in the office, why should he not be able to come here and ask? It's not really that big a deal.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Actually, I re-read this whole thread and he really wasn't a dick, was he? Sorry for the earlier post saying three-quarters of it was your fault, strunk.

At the rate things are going, three-quarters of it will be my fault by the time this thread is locked.

Oh, by the way, here's my original post. Not much different than strunk's, except for the lack of backlash:
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31455/

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

it's ALL your fault

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Gomer, it just sounds like you were one of the lucky ones. Seems every time one of these threads gets started, it winds up like this. I can't say I disagree with the folks who think the posters are a little lazy or lack resourcefulness, but the venom and proclamations that the industry is doomed are really unnecessary. This board should be a forum for us to learn from each others' experiences, and I have learned a lot here. We should remember that not all of us have 10-plus years of experience.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I think it has a lot to do with the state of the industry that people react that way. Got to blame someone, and all the stress of it is definitely getting to folks - myself included.

I believe it's now 110 per cent my fault. I expect it'll be at 2,500 per cent by morning.

10. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Oh, so YOU'RE the asshole?! ;)

11. Notepad

Notepad Member

I'm still an asshole, right?

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Demonstrably. Provably.

Draft saved Draft deleted