1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

number for philadelphia eagles media relations?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by strunk_you, Jan 15, 2009.

1. strunk_you

strunk_you Member

notepad:

yes, i am a reporter.

yeah, i haven't done a lot of work with the nfl before. you got me.

yes, you are an asshole.

i didn't know about googling for "nfl media" before. now, i do.

i went to my professional colleagues for a quick question. what's the difference between that and asking the reporter across the desk from you for advice? have you ever done that? for anything?

would you be a prick to the guy sitting across from you? call him lazy?

before i posted here, i checked the web, obviously using the wrong search terms. i even sent an e-mail on the eagles' fan site. after i posted here, i continued to look online. when you're getting acquainted with something new, it helps to use all your resources. SportsJournalists.com is one.

and if the consequence of using it is having another poster question my worth as a reporter, so be it. the job will get done. my knowledge base improves. and i'm better for it.

thanks again to hustle and to pseudo for the quick help.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Good luck getting one.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You do realize that the Eagles media guide is on their site as a PDF (as are most teams' guides, in all major sports)? What exactly did you search for?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

agreed.

5. strunk_you

strunk_you Member

i searched for "eagles media relations" and didn't have much luck. then i cruised around www.philadelphiaeagles.com looking for a directory. the acrobat media guide on the site doesn't list a section for media contacts.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/FrontOffice.html

Took me all of 30 seconds.

I'm with the folks now that think you're not that good.

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Bud, that doesn't give contact info.

Anyway, he got the info, even if he was misguided in finding it (not a knock on you, Hustle, just too many folks starting threads looking for this kind of stuff without the knowledge/cajones/contacts to find it themselves). Perhaps we should make a "running media relations contact info thread" for the rest of 'em that will come.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Really? They let me in, so I figured their standards were probably pretty low.

Some of the team media sites, on the other hand ...

Add: after posting this response, I added another account over there, this time using contact info from the paper instead of the fansite my original account is listed under. No problems to report.

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

asking the guy across from you is only opening yourself up to the wrath of your desk for not knowing which bookshelf has the NFL media book.

asking a board full of (mostly) strangers gives many more opportunities for people to mock.

yes, I have asked coworkers questions. but reporters, who are supposed to be good at focusing questions/stories, should be able to focus queries on teh Goog. Not that difficult.

And yes, I have been a prick to that guy. Would again if the situation warranted. called him lazy? nope, he could have kicked my a$$ in about five seconds (love ya, kid). maybe that's why i work from home now. the only stupid questions i encounter are my own.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

yep, lots of people still holding out against that whole interweb fad and that newfangled google thingy. ;)

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He did get his answer in less than five minutes, which is faster than it's taken me sometimes to find the right contact person for a team or organization I don't deal with normally. This site is supposed to be a resource as well as a place for people to bite each other's heads off. ;)

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

SJ is my google.

Draft saved Draft deleted