1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Number for Bucks media relations?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Appgrad05, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You can do that as well, though in Texas the AD is the football coach, so if you don't have the number you can be shit out of luck.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I was trying to track a kid down a couple years ago, and his coach was away from his cell for the day. No idea what the parents' names were, but there were 56 with that last name in the White Pages. Damn if it wasn't the very last one that I finally heard the kid's voice on the other end.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so that took 0.23 seconds?

4. Churning out words is not being enterprising.

Anyway, often, PR guys will leave their cell on their office voicemail. If not, they'll check their office voicemail frequently. If not, the media relations secretary is generally available during business hours and can get the guy a message. Failing that, these guys all have Treos or Blackberrys and will usually receive an email from you instantly. There are a million ways to track a guy like this down.

Bottom line is you can't go on a message board every time you need information, and it will serve you well as a sports reporter to learn to do your own leg work.

Congratulations on that all-area football team. I'm very proud of you.

5. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

some people on here were born out of an asshole.

that is all.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

That's kinda what I was thinking ...

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you have that asshole's number? i'd like to call it.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

1-800-tompetty

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

make a joke if you may, but this is just another instance of laziness run amok.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I agree, tomas. People can't or won't do their own work if they think there's an easy way out

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

1-800-westink

Oh, wait that's the Thunder's line for tickets

12. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

What's the difference between going on google and asking on here? I don't see how one constitutes more "legwork" than the other. Both involve a couple of minor key strokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.