1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Number for Bucks media relations?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Appgrad05, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I am trying to track down one of the PR guys for the Milwaukee Bucks and I have names, but no phone numbers. Anyone out there have it? Please PM me or post here. Thanks.

2. bob

bob Member

414-489-2120
    pr director: dan smyczek

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Much appreciated.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Damnit, we'd all be better off with more threads like this one.

5. I find it pathetic that a sports writer has to turn to a message board to find a phone number.

I googled Milwaukee Bucks media relations and got this in 0.23 seconds:

http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/staff_directory.html

It took me about another 90 seconds to find the PR guy's home number and direct office line.

I wonder how enterprising a reporter is who can't do his own legwork, even on the simplest imaginable task.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Amen!

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I used to just dial numbers at random until I got the right one. That became tougher when they went to multiple area codes in most big cities.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know this is partly a joke, but you are right in a way.

There are kids in my office who won't call coaches unless they can reach them at school. I told them to do a whitepages.com search and call them at home. One of them responded, "but he has a common name and there are 12 matches."  Well, call all 12 then dumbass.

10. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

That's funny. They couldn't at the very least call the AD and ask for the coach's home number?

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Bucks are in Atlanta. Was hoping someone would have a cell number for the guy, instead of doing what I did (with the number I had, but Bob nicely posted as well) — making the guy in the office the monkey in the middle, calling the guy in Atlanta to tell him that the guy from Indiana called about the assistant coach who's one of the stories of the day.
    Thanks, though, for your feedback. I also banged out 2,400 words for the paper's inaugural all-area football team, today. It's the final step in a process that began when I was hired six months ago and has continued until now. But, yeah, that's not terribly enterprising and did not require any legwork at all.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did it take 0.23 seconds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.