1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nuke This

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Clearly, Republicans are a greater threat than Iran.

old_tony likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why don't we ask the thousands of dead Iraqis from the last 12 years who their greatest threat is?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I blame the French.

Centrifuge is one of their words.

They're always starting stuff they can't finish.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. I wonder what he would say if he didn't welcome debate.

So I welcome a robust debate in Congress on this issue and I welcome scrutiny of the details of this agreement. But I will remind Congress that you don't make deals like this with your friends. We negotiated arms control agreements with the Soviet Union when that nation was committed to our destruction and those agreements ultimately made us safer.

I am confident that this deal will meet the national security interests of the United States and our allies. So I will veto any legislation that prevents the successful implementation of this deal.

Full text: Obama: ‘It would be irresponsible to walk away from’ Iran nuclear deal - The Washington Post

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm sure Tom Cotton will go over there singlehandedly if he has to, goshdarnit.

7. YankeeFan

You realize Iran has been undermining a stable Iraq since day one, right?

They've built the IEDs that have blown up our soldiers, and have fomented sectarian violence.

Iran's influence, is why the Sunnis don't trust a central Iraqi government, and it's why groups like Al Queda and now ISIS have been able to gain support.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Wrong. The U.S. created ISIS by being mean to terrorists.

old_tony likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sorry ... The West created ISIS by allowing cartoonists to draw pictures of the Prophet. Without that, Syria would just be a hotter, sandier Connecticut.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe certain people should have thought of that before charging into battle? Instead, certain people thought the end result would be flowers and candy.

11. YankeeFan

Let's accept your post at face value for the moment, what does that have to do with my point?

Iran has been facilitating the killing of U.S. military members, and Iraqi civilians.

They've undermined everything we've attempted to do in/for Iraq. Why would we trust them?

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bring the kids! It's family fun for everyone!

doctorquant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.