1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nuggets, Knicks make trade that brings neither closer to a title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 21, 2011.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

AP certainly seems to be dragging its feet on this one. It's taking them an eternity to move anything worthwhile.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums it up. Shorter version - The Dolans suck.

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Say what? Durant is beloved in league, and media (GQ had Bethlehem Shoals do big piece on Thunder in this issue). Just not his time in news cycle. Remember everyone stroking him in the summer?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Not as much as Melo or Wade or LeBron or Kobe. Durant scored the quitest 34 points in All Star Game history. He got pub in the summer because of the World Championships. Remember how nobody said anything when he got a contract extension or whatever it was last year? It was on Twitter and that was about it. I just feel like he gets overlooked a lot because he doesn't open his mouth too much.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Scary thing is that there is speculation that Thomas also advised on the deal. It has all the hallmarks of one of his trades - Acquiring a big name guy by giving up a bit too much. While Anthony is an upgrade at SF, as someone else pointed out he plays no defense, and I don't see how this makes the Knicks one of the top four teams in the East.

They have one more card to play, which will be trying to lure one of the top FA point guards (Deron Williams, Chris Paul) in free agency, and I don't think their big three is better than the Miami big three. I'd rather have Lebron and Wade, who both D-up like a mofo when needed to, and Bosh as the third banana, than Melo, Stoudamire and Player X.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Every national columnists was busy blowing him over the extension he signed vs. what Lebron did. (Nevermind that he signed the extension primarily because of the new CBA coming that will lower contract length and max, much like why Carmelo wanted to get dealt so badly.)

9. mb

mb Active Member

Knicks will just be biding time until they can add Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He gets overlooked because he doesn't act like a jackass. Not by me. My favorite player in the league.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I'll miss the Knicks PA guy saying "Dah-NEE-lo GAH-lee-nar-ee!"

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

What MileHigh just said. And I would guess that very few people beyond hardcore NBA followers know Durant is one of the top five players in the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted