1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nuggets, Knicks make trade that brings neither closer to a title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 21, 2011.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

To clarify the post I just made though - Definitely agree that he's 100 percent bust. However, I think if not for Memphis, he probably either goes later in the draft and therefore isn't considered such a huge bust, or he lands in a better organization and maybe eeks out the standard 7-foot NBA career.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That it fell apart so quickly.

A Darren Collison/O.J. Mayo backcourt would have been really intriguing for the Pacers.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It also would have been intriguing to see if Mayo became the Pacers' crunch-time scorer. Granger is good, but he strikes me as too nice a guy to be asshole-ish enough to tell everybody to get him the ball and get the fuck out of his way in the fourth quarter. That, and Granger not being as strong on the drive as he is shooting outside.

Also, it was nice of Mike Dunleavy to break his thumb right at deadline and become useless as even expiring-contract trade bait. Of note: this year the Pacers are paying two point guards a combined $14 million not to play. (Jamaal Tinsley and T.J. Ford)

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think Felton only went because Dolan pulled the deal away from Walsh, but the other way to look at it is that Felton, like Billups is only signed through next year, when they think they are getting Williams or Paul. In that case, the age difference isn't that big a deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted