1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nudity in the gym locker room

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jul 2, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nope.

Actually, they have become more expensive with a mix of gang showers and individual showers with seats for handicapped students and staff.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Golf and bowling don't qualify as PE :)

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

So what do the kids do today? Just sit around and stink?

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My middle school locker room is the first place I saw a naked chick...it was a Hustler.

I've had a skewed view of women ever since! LOL

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Random: The role of MRSA and other pathogens right down to athlete's foot probably has something to do with it, no?

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If by "stink," you mean "douse themselves with a gallon of Axe" ... yes, they all fucking stink.

In a related story, get off my lawn.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would guess it's more the teasing, or the threat of teasing or bullying, in the shower more than MRSA and nasties on your feet.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/13/mrsa-strikes-more-hospital-patients-study-finds/

You have a better chance getting MRSA at your local hospital than your local locker room.

8. If anything, that threat should be causing MORE immediate post-practice showering, not less. Especially given that many more high schools are using artificial turf.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I went to high school in the 90s and usually showered at school twice a day. I'd get there early and shoot baskets in the gym or lift weights most mornings and the shower after practice for whatever sport was in season.

10. Jasker51

Jasker51 New Member

Nudity is not a big deal at the Y I go to. Ladies of all ages walk naked to and from the showers. Who cares? We all have the same parts

Draft saved Draft deleted