1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NRA: Hey weirdos, quit bringing guns to Chipotle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Texas Republicans, meeting for their convention, ask the open carry folks to please leave their rifles outside.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/06/05/open-carry-concerns-at-state-gop-convention/

Some people in the Texas Republican party though fear that Open Carry demonstrations may become a sideshow to other serious issues being discussed at the convention. “I support Open Carry, but what they’re doing is simply a bad idea,” said Rep. Phil King of Weatherford.

“When someone sees someone with a long gun or a rifle, they don’t know if they’re well trained in it. They don’t know if they understand gun safety or to handle a gun properly,” King added. “It just frightens people and it works against what we’re trying to do, which is to defend and support our Second Amendment rights.”

King believes the Open Carry advocates will cause a disturbance among those coming and going to the convention. “I think it will concern a lot of people who are not used to being around guns. I’m very comfortable around weapons, but I would like to know for sure that people who are standing there with one understand gun safety — they know how to use them — and I don’t know that.”

I can't wait to hear the open-carry people refer to the Texas GOP as a bunch of panty-waisted liberals.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There are so many issues where no give and take is ever going to happen. We're doomed.

Draft saved Draft deleted