1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now we know why Tony LaRussa got a tattoo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's a symbolic gesture meant to show compassion for his pitching staff, which will get tattooed every single night.

Could the Cardinals finish with the worst record for a defending World Series champion?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't even like baseball, but I despise LaRussa. And for that, I giggled.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Geez man it's three games in. A bit early to wonder if the Cards are the next Marlins/Philadelphia A's.

They were going against a Mets team probably amped to prove they should have won last year, if only Carlos Beltran could take the damn bat off his shoulders. The sheer shittyness of that division assures the Cards 70 wins.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

The Bucs and 'Stros were brutal tonight.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

OK, maybe I was exaggerating on the whole worst defending champs bit. little. Just a little :D

IIRC, the Cardinals had a losing record against the NL Comedy Central last year.

EDIT: Last year, the Cards went 39-42 against the NL Central. A 23-11 record against the NL Worst helped the Cardinals win the division.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Well, they had the worst record of any team to win a World Series, so it would seem to be the logical next step.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Ted Lilly urges you to take that comment back, or he will take it back for you.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

:) :D ;D

9. Maybe the teen girls like the tats and put out.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

For the love of god, Mike, please find the following three items.

7-8 heavy bricks.

A burlap sack.

A bridge over deep water.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Maybe Tony started boozing in spring training because he saw the train wreck coming ahead of him.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha sorry man. My exaggeration radar is a bit off. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted