1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now up to bat, the Tampa Bay Times...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Oct 3, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

The version that made it online also misspelled the name of the man who was executive editor and eventually publisher, Doyle Harvill. Not sure if it was fixed for print.

The online version clearly went up without anyone looking at it.

UPDATE: They fixed the spelling of the name. The hed is still busted, though.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Surprised they didn't use this photo:
    [​IMG]

4. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Didn't post this in the jobs section because they haven't publicly posted an opening, but the Times' lead sports designer is leaving.
    They recently lost another designer who occasionally did sports. Both left on their own for non-newspaper jobs.

If you are a sports designer, the opportunity is there.

5. rosenthal

rosenthal New Member

this would be my old position. pm with questions.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I do like their design. Pitched a redesign a couple of years ago based on theirs largely. Incorporated a number of their elements. Everyone else above me in the food chain loved it except our crabby old publisher, who would be gently pushed out the door retired a year later.

Draft saved Draft deleted