1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now up: McClatchy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HackyMcHack, Feb 5, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I agree with her. And all that money that we've been pumping into the market has been artificially inflating the value of said market. To assume it's going to return to previous levels is dangerous, to say the least.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Target's actually hiring?

Sheesh, I've updated (or polished) my resume about four times in recent months. It's like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. If no one has a budget to hire, it doesn't matter how damn good you are.

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I can't believe some people say it's OK to do this. THis is another sign of low class bullshit going on at newspapers. Employees have a right to pensions and 401 K matching, etc. Just fold, McClatchey. Fold up shop completely. Or go all online and cut your staffs 50 percent; that's what you all want to do anyway. You and Gannett at least.

4. No, they don't. They are benefits, not rights.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

If you work 70 hours a week, you're damn straight it's a right!

6. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Why are you all so pro-business? Because of an anonymous message board you think Fredrick is a tool so you go pro business? Yes it is a right.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m.!! 10 a.m. !!

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

401k programs are not a right. Neither is a pension plan.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Point me to the law then.

Please show me how a pension plan or a 401(k) is a right, instead of a collectively bargained or agreed-upon benefit, and who can enforce that right if it is denied to an employee.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Good idea. A definitive law would be good to have in hand if our 401k or pension is double-tapped.

When you find it, Fredrick, let us know.

12. It's in the Constitution.

Duh.

Draft saved Draft deleted