1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now this is what I call a cool Firefox extension — scores in your browser window

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 21, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4740

It's from the people who run the Are You Watching This site.

Puts scores and headlines in your Firefox window. For everything major (even the CFL), or as much or as little of said everything as you want. Rates the games by how interesting they are (according to visitors to their site, if I understand it correctly). TV listings — looks up your cable provider by your ZIP code. Click the scoreline for an update or a game story if it's over.

Requires Firefox or SeaMonkey.

Two thumbs up. Joe Bob says check 'em out.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

awesome

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I like it too. I have a blank gray bar between it and my address bar. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Re: Now this is what I call a cool Firefox extension — scores in your browser wi

Sounds like that might be your Bookmarks Toolbar, which is where I keep the sites I use most often — here, MLB standings and RSS feeds from CNN, the International Herald Tribune and the BBC. If you want to turn it off, look under the View->Toolbars submenu.

5. I just added it. Takes some getting used to.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That fixed it. Thanks a lot.

7. Re: Now this is what I call a cool Firefox extension — scores in your browser wi

Nevermind. I've already removed it. It becomes irritating when you're only paying a little attention to it.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

The CFL is major?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Does it give National Stingray League scores? ;D

This might come in handy on my home 'puter to keep up with breaking news.

10. Colton

Colton Active Member

Re: Now this is what I call a cool Firefox extension — scores in your browser wi

How cool.

thanks for the link

Draft saved Draft deleted