1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now this is New York arrogance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Mar 31, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

For all the talk around here of NY-centric people, the fat slob on FAN went over the top today,

I ran out to the store, flipped on FAN around update time and first got a minute of Fatcesa blustering about how the Mets, Yankees and MLB screwed up the opening of the 2 new ballparks. His contention is the Mets and Yanks should have opened the regular season against each otther, one game in each park ... really not a bad idea. Then he added:

"It would have been the hottest ticket in the history of this town and the entire baseball world would have been captivated by these games and seeing the new parks."

"The entire baseball world ... captivated" Don't think so, arrogant fatboy.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I would have been interested, but I wouldn't have really cared all that much. I sure as fuck don't get "captivated" by seeing the Yankees and Mets play/

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can see an exhibition game, maybe cap spring training with the meeting. But I wouldn't want and inter-league game as an opener. Though it would be the only exception, a cross-town rivalry with the new stadiums.

The 2000 World Series was one of the lowest-rated in history. What makes this idiot think everyone wants to see two teams that didn't even make the playoffs last year?

Get a clue.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

New Yorkers incredibly overrate the importance of the Mets to the rest of the baseball world.

The Yankees are incredibly important, but only against the Red Sox, in the playoffs or in the offseason.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What does his weight have to do with anything? I hope when people disagree with me they can do it by calling me an arrogant asshole or shitheel or dipfuck or something without bringing my weight into it.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

How about "shitweasel"? I've always liked "shitweasel."

Oh, and no one outside of New York cares about New York, despite what many New Yorkers seem to believe.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whoa, that is really heavy. [McFly]

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Bring back the Mayor's Trophy game!!!

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Good point, Baldy.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

See? That wasn't so hard. Baldy I can live with, as I can shitweasel.
    And I realize I suck. But it ain't because of my weight.
    Fat does not equal suck.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Grass don't grow on a racetrack...

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Wait, they're building some new ballparks in New York?

Draft saved Draft deleted