1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now THIS is hypocritical

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jul 3, 2007.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I'm not sure either of them are electable.

Hillary is too polarizing. Many women that I know resent her for sticking with Bill after he cheated on her; they think it makes women look bad. And while she's fine for a blue state like New York, her politics and brash demeanor will not fly in the red states.

Obama has a better shot, especially if things continue to deteriorate for Bush & Co. But I think he's still too green. Would he be able to overcome a more savvy politician like a Giuliani or a McCain? Getting a minority elected president in this country is going to be tough enough without inexperience dragging Obama down.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I used to support that idea, but now I am very skeptical of it. One reason is that it opens the door to more Tom Delay-style rejiggering of House districts to ensure electoral votes. Also, most House districts aren't competitive. In any given election year, only 30-50 House districts are really contested. If every state drew its Congressional districts the way Iowa does, without regard for protecting incumbents or political party strength, then I would be much more likely to support the idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted