1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now THIS is hypocritical

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jul 3, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CLINTON_INTERVIEW?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=home.htm

There are times when I think she wouldn't be a good President.
    This validates it to me.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

There is that distinction, but it's pretty flimsy. But, really, what is she going to say? She's going to get the question, you know she is.

I'm a lefty, will most likely vote with the party this November and next, but I don't want to vote for her. Bill? Sure. Hillary?
    Not a fan.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There are times when I think she wouldn't be a good President, as well. Like ... ummm ... all the time.

Say it with me, folks: Un. Elect. Able.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'm left-leaning, but I grow more and more weary of her every day. If Democrats put her in the election ahead of Obama, well, that is a wasted opportunity.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I agree!

7. IU90

IU90 Member

or Edwards, or Gore (is it too late to hope?). Republicans are demoralized and the country's finally fed up with their act, I can't believe the Democrats might blow this opportunity by nominating the wrong candidate.

8. joe

joe Active Member

I can. After the gutless way they rolled over against a weakened Bush on the funding bill, anything is possible.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'll say this: If it's Clinton vs. (insert Republican here) and a 3rd-party candidate CAN'T make a dent, then a credible 3rd-party run is NEVER happening.

And what's the law? Isn't a third party eligible for federal funds if it gets 10% of the presidential vote? Or am I hallucinating again?

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Mustard, I think this might answer it.

http://www.commoncause.org/site/pp.asp?c=dkLNK1MQIwG&b=1389223

Minor, or third party nominees may also be eligible for federal funding, but the process is a bit more complex. A minor party candidate's public funding grant is based on a formula subject to the percentage of votes the party received in the previous presidential general election. The candidate is only eligible for general election public funds if the party's candidate received at least 5 percent of the vote in the previous presidential election.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I want Richardson :D

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Same old shit. Elect her, and all the bullshit that's been going on since 1992 will continue. We need someone who can make a clean break from all this red-state/blue-state crap.

Draft saved Draft deleted