1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now THIS is an alibi.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 14, 2008.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Chuck Berry

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't Gene Simmons do the same thing?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, Gene Simmons probably cropped out the naked ladies to keep more photos of himself.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

There is a point to be made somewhere with that, isn't there?

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That they ran a photo of him with Rove is extremely uncalled for.

And I'm a life-long Democrat. Could they not have cropped the image?

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From the comments section... uh boy...
    From Bruce Barclay's (Google-cached) bio page: www.brucebarclay.com/bio.html

"Bruce Barclay resides in Monroe Township. He has hosted 17 international high school exchange students in the past ten years."

That doesn't sound good...

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

I would like some credit for thinking about making fun of this and then choosing not to.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Oh B.S. They're showing that the guy was well connected. It's not every doofus who gets to have his picture made with Karl Rove.
    By the way, I liked the bit in the comments about how this pervert had an auditorium at his high school named after him.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

When the Kobe thing broke I remember some story saying that agents advice their clients all the time to tape their sexual encounters just in case.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Didn't the kicker for FSU about 10 years ago -- Bentley -- use that as his defense when he was showing his buddies a secret recording of having sex with another student?

11. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

That classy gent 50 Cent said he taped all of his bedroom activities for the same reason.
    If you're think that someone may cry rape on you, why the hell would you sleep with them? It seems to me if you're 50 Cent, you pull enough women so that you can throw out the obvious gold diggers and nut cases without it affecting your sex life a whole lot.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Chuck, CHUCK! It's Marvin ... your cousin MARVIN BERRY! You know that new alibi you been looking for? Well take a look at this!

Draft saved Draft deleted