1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now this is a tragedy ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 22, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

.... http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090120/news/901200969

I'm surprised they haven't declared this a day of mourning in Gainesville. Wonder if this means a beer shortage this weekend on University.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe when Logan recovers she can spend 15 minutes with Tim Tebo and become a better driver.
  3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You shan't make it into heaven misspelling THE GREAT ONE's name.
  4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Seriously, I thought this was about Jesus' Favorite Quarterback having an ingrown toenail.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm trying to figure out what "Albany, Geo." is.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What kind of beer was it? Really, stuff like this is basic journo 101. Get the name and breed of the dog that was rescued from a fire, find out which Jimmy Buffett song was playing that precipitated a bar melee, and what TV channel someone was watching when the phone rang and they heard some life-changing news.
  7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I agree that the brand should have been in the story. Shameful lack off accuracy.
  8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

May Jesus Tebow led his group of followers to clean it up and go get more beer, too.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

With all the misspellings, poor grammar and word usage errors on this thread, I suspect there is no beer shortage in most areas ...
  12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I heard the spilled beer forced authorities to close the highway until Tebow arrived at the scene and parted the spill like the Red Sea.
Draft saved Draft deleted