1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now the Texans must really be kicking themselves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I have Lundy
    Looking for advice here........I should keep Lundy on my bench and play Rod Smith instead right? I'm starting Dillon, and Rudi Johnson....Lundy and Addai on my bench.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm not sold on Lundy. Wouldn't Morency (sp) be a pretty good pickup on the cheap?

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'd take Jerious Norwood(Falcons) over both of them.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's what I think, too. I don't believe they trust Lundy to be THE back. Maybe the back who starts and who gets his share of carries, but with someone else there to help ease the burden.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Exactly. Morency has even been the starter once or twice last year, I think.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I drafted two weeks ago and took Dom Davis at the end of the 2nd round. Tiki was my first round pick.

I have Chris Brown, but I still my slit my wrists tonight.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Kicking themselves? They're too busy ramming their heads against the brick wall for passing on Reggie Bush.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

You have Domanick Davis AND Chris Brown? Does your league award points for game-time inactives?

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm guessing Najeh Davenport might get a look. and he might have some real fantasy value there.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought maybe Duce Staley would be available for them, too, but the Steelers will keep four running backs. He might not even suit up on gamedays, but he's still there after agreeing to a Bettis-like paycut.

So the best back the Steelers cut was seventh-round pick Cedrick Humes. Not near as enticing to Houston.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

So, what's Houston's next move? Davenport? Dayne? Or do they actually stick with Lundy?

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I don't mind Westbrook as the third or fourth back. He led the Eagles in recieving a couple of times last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted