1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now the Texans must really be kicking themselves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Sep 2, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've done two drafts in the last week and Davis went for $25 or more in both.

If I don't make money in these leagues, I may take a long walk off a short pier in shame.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Do you have two RBs already? Lundy could be a steal as a third, but a rookie in that offense is going to have a few games where he'll disappear, making it hard to count on him as a weekly starter.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Where has Brian Westbrook been going in leagues out there?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wouldn't touch Westbrook with Chef's dick. (I think that will be my new line for a player I don't like)

He's not used enough as a rusher to justify a no. 1 selection and he's way too fragile to ever GET used enough as a rusher.

I wouldn't count on Lundy as more than a no. 4. With Kubiak in charge in Houston, it sounds like the dreaded Shanahan special: RBCC.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

So you wouldn't take Westbrook as a fourth running back?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

well, maybe as a fourth RB. But in the drafts I've participated in, he's being relied upon as a no. 1.

If he was my no. 1 RB, I'd just donate my league fees and say see you next year.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

The way the Eagles view the running game, ya, I wouldn't want to rely on him. But I got him in the ninth round. He's got as much potential as anyone to have a huge game as an occasional fill-in. Of course, I hope I only have to use Westbrook and Lundy a couple of times during the season.

8. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Westbrook's off the table, and yes, i have 2 backs, but one is Reggie Bush (enter laughter here). The other is Jamal Lewis.

Lundy is definitely going to be one of my next two picks. I'm leery of MIke Bell, but someone always thrives in that system.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

After the first 10 backs or so, Bush is not a bad pick because so many teams don"t have an established No. 1 back. So your best bet is to go for a guy who can make the most big plays with limited touches.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you have Jamal Lewis, you should get Musa Smith. I can't see Lewis staying healthy/focused/out of jail all season.

And Pallister, drafting Westbrook as a backup is a smart move. But the guy just strikes me as too unreliable. As insane as it sounds, I'd rather take a young backup with upside--or, gaaaaaaa, Travis Henry, whom I picked up as my last RB in one league--than Westbrook. I'd rather be surprised by success than pissed when Westbrook gets hurt again.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh, I know I'm fucked if I have to rely on him for anything other than bye weeks or an occasional injury to a starter. But if he's available at those times (and that's a big if), I could do much worse.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I just drafted this morning. 12 team league -- I got Lundy with the 10th pick of the 15th round. He's my fifth back, behind Steven Jackson, Rueben Droughns, Kevin Jones and Frank Gore.

Draft saved Draft deleted