1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now the Nigerians are using the FBI as back-up!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 2, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just received this. Should I be concerned?

If the El Paso office of the FBI actually exists, I bet there are a lot of calls for Agent Morgan

Special Agent in Charge
    Federal Bureau of Investigation
    Intelligence Field Unit
    El Paso Federal Justice Center
    660 South Mesa Hills Drive
    El Paso, TX 79912 USA

URGENT ATTENTION

I am special agent Mark A. Morgan, from the Intelligence Unit of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). We just intercepted/confiscated one (1) Trunk Box at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Texas. We are on the verge of moving this consignment to the bureau headquarters. However, we scanned the said box and found out that it contained a total of USD$10.5M. Investigation carried out on the Diplomat who accompanied this box into the United States, revealed that he was to make the delivery of the fund to your residence, as these fund are entitled to you, been Contract/Inheritance over due payments. The funds were from the office of the Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Minister of Finance, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Furthermore, after cross checking all the information we found in the box backing you up as the beneficiary of the funds, it became known to us that one of the documents is missing. This document is very important and until we get the document, the box will be temporarily confiscated pending when you will provide it. The much needed document is the Diplomatic Immunity Seal of Delivery Certificate (DISDC). This document will protect you from going against the US Patriot Act Section 314a and Section 314b. This delivery will be tagged A Diplomatic Transit Payment (D.T.P) once you get the document.

You are therefore required to get back to me on this email (markamorgan@zing.vn) within 72 hours so that I will guide you on how to get the much needed document. Failure to comply with this directive may lead to the permanent confiscation of the funds and possible arrest. We may also get the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF) involved if do not follow our instructions. You are also advised not to get in contact with any Bank in Africa, Europe or any other institution, as your fund are here now in the United States of America.

Agent Mark A. Morgan
    Special Agent in Charge
    Federal Bureau of Investigation
    Intelligence Field Unit
    El Paso Federal Justice Center
    660 South Mesa Hills Drive
    El Paso, TX 79912 USA

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sad thing is, there are people who fall for these scams. And even sadder, there will be some elderly people who will get scared about getting arrested and fall for those scams.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

http://www.fbi.gov/elpaso/

They did their research.

I wouldn't be too comfortable using the FBI's name, though. That just means they'll go after you harder.

Draft saved Draft deleted