1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now THAT'S what I call irony: Elijah Dukes fined...FOR PUBLIC SERVICE!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 21, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Half the league was probably made up of his kids.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Rizzo and Acta are being dicks about it.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You only cover us when Elijah Dukes shows up late and gets fined!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's not funny! [/piss then moan]

6. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

The fact that Dukes wasn't an opening day starter should be enough to get Acta canned.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, Elijah Dukes. I thought we were talking about Lastings Milledge. I always get those two confused.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What a shitty organization.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Know why he was late? Because he was probably somewhere bitching at an umpire.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

If he were only as cool as Kobe, he could have choppered in and out of the Little League deal. [/crossthreading]

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Moddy has a park?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or making a friendly phone call to the mother of his children.

Sorry, I have no sympathy. Even when he decided to do a good thing, he did it the wrong way. And he has done plenty to earn the distrust of the franchise.

Maybe it was bad PR for the team to handle this so harshly. Maybe they are only angry that he didn't do it through the team because they want to benefit from the good PR when he does such things. But how can the team give him even an inch of leeway until he does a lot more to prove he can stop behaving like a jackass?

I admit some bias due to my own feelings regarding the allegations against Dukes in the past. Somebody correct me if I am remembering this incorrectly. When he threatened his wife, didn't he also threaten to kill their children? Sorry, even if you don't mean it, I don't understand how any parent could ever say he would kill his own children.

Draft saved Draft deleted