1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now THAT's an Oct. surprise

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Orgon Gov. learns via press conference his financee - who's twice divorced - was actually married three times.
    She accepted $5K to marry and Ethiopian immigrant ... #didIforgettomentionthat

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/10/oregon-first-lady-cops-to-green-card-marriage-convenience-in-exchange-for-5g/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They get some fuckin' stories in Oregon, that's for sure.

They had Packwood. They had the former governor whose abuse victim came forward about 20 years after the fact. They had the Portland mayor who had a 17-year-old boy as his toy. And let's not forget the Oregonian editor who died in the arms of a prostitute.

I guess the "free love" ideal of hippiedom has survived.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Just goes to show you -- never trust anyone who spells Sylvia with a C.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

I wonder if he broke the ice by sending her an e-mail saying he was a prince.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Solid. Maybe all the marriages were to get back at her parents for giving her a life of misspelled mail.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What's sad/crazy is that your list is actually missing the incident where Congressman David Wu (who was re-elected seven times) had to resign for having sex with (and possibly sexually assaulting) the 18-year-old daughter of a childhood friend and donor. Oh, and prior to that, he sent pics of himself in a Tiger costume to all his female staffers. Oh, and he's still slinking around the hallways of Congress, doing lord knows what.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katenocera/the-strange-case-of-the-congressman-who-resigned-and-never-l#3nim99n

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh my God I forgot about that. How could I forget about that?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And Kitz will still win in a walk, because no one has ever heard of his opponent, nobody really cares what his looney-tunes girlfriend did 20 years ago, and because Republicans in Oregon are and have been pretty dead in the water in any statewide election for the last 30 years.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I hope the fiancée turns out to have a dick - a real October surprise.

Draft saved Draft deleted