1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now that's a fire!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Theoretically, JC, I completely agree.

But let the publisher get wind of this - especially if a Nissan dealership is among the advertisers - and it will get spiked faster than a Flo Hyman kill shot. They're not about to let an advertiser twist in the wind over a story like this.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

These stories are usually what you see on the local news done by the "invetigative" reporter. Sometimes just the threat works.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

What about e-mailing the authors of the articles found via the Google search and saying something like, "Just so you know, Ms. Dip Stick at Nissan is claiming there is no such recall." That way no fear of losing a local advertiser and someone does the dirty work for you.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys. Not sure if we are going to do anything more at this point, but we'll see.

Just figured I'd finish the story. The woman from Nissan called back. She said that she "misunderstood" and thought we expected them to buy us an entire new car. Then she offered some cash back on a new Nissan. Not much cash, not enough to get us to buy another one, but it was more in line with what I expected them to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted