1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now that's a correction

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

I agree that it was overdone ... I agreed to that several posts ago. But I don't think it's a slam to say people drive BMWs. Why is that a negative?

And he backed it up with stats. The median income in Summerlin is 76K versus 44K in Vegas. 40 percent of the residents there have college degrees, versus 18 percent in Vegas. And almost 90 percent of the homes in Summerlin are owner-occupied.

Having never been there, I'd imagine that there are some nice vehicles and well-manicured lawns there. I never knew that was a bad thing.

But we can agree to disagree.

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

UPDATE: Here's some more on the situation, including comments from a Summerlin spokesman....

http://thestrippodcast.blogspot.com/2008/03/further-tales-of-las-vegas-sun-disaster.html

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Blogs can be excellent pubic[/i] forums for discussion, but there’s a different standard that you would use for a news piece."

Indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted