1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now that was a stupid South Park that wasn't funny at all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

That's got to be one of the worst episodes I've ever seen. They deal with a kid who has cancer and they get a few more Irwin references in for bad measure.

I can't think of another episode where I never laughed once and wondered where the hell they were going.

It is weird that just as that episode is over, the Avalanche have a home game are entering the third period tied at 2 just like the episode. Of course, they're playing the Sharks and not the Red Wings.

2. Could not disagree more. That final segment, where the Avalanche let them play the Red Wings, had me laughing so hard I almost began crying.

I thought the whole episode was funny, from end to end.

3. ondeadline

It was such a stupid premise, though. Pee wee players against the Red Wings?

I'm glad somebody enjoyed it.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The official SportsJournalists.com style is 'tied 2-2' as opposed to 'tied at 2.'
    Sorry to interrupt. Please carry on.

5. ondeadline

I lost my official SportsJournalists.com stylebook and, because of budget cuts, I'm unable to purchase another one.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I pretty much agree with ondeadline regarding this episode; it was the season finale, right?

7. tommyp

tommyp Member

If we're gonna break it down, the Steve Irwin jokes were probably thrown out there as a reaction to all the hubub regarding the Satan Sweet 16 episode. I definitely think because of the Avalanche-Wings rivalry, they made the meanest and gay player (#14--Shanahan's number) the one who they probably hated the most in real life, even though you couldn't make out his name on the back of the jersey, which they probably did on purpose. The cancer kid was a good 'win one for the gipper' reference, which mocks a lot of sports movies nowadays. And it seems Stan's dad gave more of a rat's ass about Stan's pee-wee hockey career than Stan did. Love the Ike as a 'ringer' idea because he's Canadian.

Overall, the episode scored a 7 out of 10. The last 15 minutes much better than the first.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Stan's dad might be my favorite character on the show.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I was calling the Ike thing the whole way, and when they delivered I laughed my ass off. His puck-shooting display for the team was priceless. Just a little tap, tap, tap, that was gold.
    The only part that I didn't think was funny was the guy with the record, the guys did the same voice as the Rob Schnider movie trailers. But even then it was ok.

Draft saved Draft deleted