1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Taking Nominations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I vote for this version of Holy Night. The video is someone lip-synching to it, but the thing cracks me up every time I hear it.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and vote AGAINST that one, 'beetus. :D

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas From the Family -- Robert Earl Keane

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I've grown up on the Four Tops Christmas album. It seems that's all we've played at my parents' house for the past 30 years.

James Taylor put out a Christmas album a couple of years ago that was pretty good.

On another note, Moddy, did you ever get that Widespread Panic disc I sent you?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

That Christmas When You're Dead song had the Rosebuds in hysterics on the drive to my mom and dad's last Christmas.

A couple suggestions:

Not sure of the title but the first line is "Please, Daddy, don't get drunk this Christmas" by John Denver (I might even have it. I think the Queen might kick my butt for this one though.)

The Muppets version of "Little Saint Nick" - Animal hollering "Run, run, REINDEER!" is the best. I do have that one.

12 Days of Christmas from Bob and Doug McKenzie - "And a beer."

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Cocaine (We're All Going To Hell)

-- Strata

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If you included this in a previous mix, then I apologize for suggesting it:

"Silent Night" by Frank Sinatra on The Frank Sinatra Christmas Collection (from 2004). I'd argue that it's one of Sinatra's greatest efforts and perhaps the best recorded version of the classic song. The vocals were recorded in 1991 for a children's charity project -- it was his first studio recording in about three years.

In creating the 2004 album, Frank Jr. led an orchestra of former Sinatra studio and concert musicians to create the simple, sweet music accompanying Sinatra's emotional vocals.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson

Frosty the Snowman by Fiona Apple.

Both songs are from The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs CD (proceeds benefit cancer research).

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Kristin Chenoweth (a board fave) has a Christmas album coming out. She was on one of the late-night shows recently plugging it.

And if I didn't already adore her, the fact she's 40 and dating a 25-year-old iced it. :D

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

To second a few suggestions already mentioned:

- Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight) - The Ramones
    - Merry Christmas from the Family - Robert Earle Keene
    - 12 Days of Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie

and to a few others:
    - Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis -Tom Waits
    - All Alone on Christmas - Darlene Love (& the E Street Band)

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She was born for the musical-comedy stage.

I saw the FINAL NY performance of her Charlie Brown, with Roger Bart as Snoopy and B D Wong as Linus.

Forget the other three characters. Ciphers.

It was a 2 1/2 hour lovein.

Draft saved Draft deleted