1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now starring as Billy Beane: Brad Pitt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did they keep the fuck scene? The one where Billy Beane fucked Oakland's fans?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Son, we live in a world that has baseball fields and those fields need to be scouted by men with radar guns and a copy of the Bill James Baseball Abstract.

I'm hoping Sorkin finds a way to bring middle reliever Darren Wells back to life. Have Matthew Perry do a cameo and say: ""With a career record of 7 in 15 with an ERA of 6.26 and one win in his last eight decisions. He's got a walk-to-strike ratio which can only be impressive in T-ball and once tore a rotator cuff drying his hair with a towel"

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Hey Ned....I underlined the fuck scenes for you!"

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is the worst idea for a motion picture I ever heard of. Ever. A movie made on Scott Boras' career would have more dramatic potential.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Here is a great satire of Aaron Sorkin doing a baseball movie:

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2006/10/if-aaron-sorkin-wrote-show-about.html

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Levine's blog is consistently amazing.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They should make a movie about the making of this movie...

It's (still?) on, w/ the Sorkin script...and Brad Pitt is so determined to be Billy Beane, he's taking a pay cut for the new director...

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/finally-its-batter-up-for-moneyball/#more-31167

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does Brad Pitt have something against making a movie that will actually make money?

For a guy who is arguably the most famous actor in the world, you can count on a few fingers how many of his movies have done well at the box office.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This movie would be great for the monks, but could you imagine suggesting this movie to your wife to this with a straight face?

A doc would be just as good.

10. Mizzougrad96

This movie will be a colossal bomb. Great book, but anyone who thinks this will translate to the big screen is out of their fucking minds.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Jonah Hill signed to play De Podesta? That's ... odd.

And I agree, this movie will crash and burn at the box office. I can't imagine why anyone outside hardcore baseball fans would go to a theater to see it.

12. Mizzougrad96

You know a movie is going to suck when a movie about the other Billy Bean would be much more interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted