1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now starring as Billy Beane: Brad Pitt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 17, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that The Blind Side has already been shot with Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw as the Tuohys, with John Lee Hancock directing. And yet Sony is going to eat $20 mill on a Soderbergh, Pitt and Zallian project.
    Tiger, your buddy made a pretty strong case for going through with the movie, though don't they say baseball movies don't do that well internationally?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Even taking all that into account, this movie just seems like a terrible idea. I'm an American baseball fan, with intricate working knowledge of and interest in baseball economics, and I like Pitt -- and I can't imagine investing the time, much less the money, to see it.

It would be like putting Daniel Day Lewis in a film about Tottenham changing the way it evaluates midfielders, and thinking Americans will eat it up even if the Europeans don't. I think Columbia deserves credit for recognizing that it's dead in the water before it even begins.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Don't forget Nick Saban as himself ...

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And, as Ed Orgeron...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's exactly what I thought of. I've seen nothing of the script, but unless they Hollywooded it and just made it a love story with the baseball as a back story, I can't see what would be enticing as a movie concept.

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Shameless plug:

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/04/22/10-ways-to-improve-moneyball/

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

One of the versions of the movie's screenplay, including a Billy Beane sex scene, has been released. You can find it here (yes, another shameless plug to generate more traffic for my site, but you know you're gonna click it)...

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2009/06/24/heres-your-moneyball-movie-script-sex-scene-included/

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

No I'm not. ;D

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just bought some new 3-volt lithium coin batteries for my book light, and I've optioned the instrcutions for a movie script.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Movie's back on...this time with Aaron Sorkin writing the script.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118005824.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Break is over. Get to work."

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Ah, great. The characters will make speeches as they walk to lunch.

Draft saved Draft deleted