1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now starring as Billy Beane: Brad Pitt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 17, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A new production company out here that has some deep pockets has green-lit a movie version of Moneyball. Tipped to star as Billy Beane? Mizzou's own Brad Pitt.

Hmmmm....

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117994175.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

They finally found something more boring to watch than the Oakland A's: A movie about Oakland A's executives.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Who plays Jeremy Brown?

4. I'll bet the climax is the A's triumphant march to the first round of the American League Playoffs!

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

LOL. I didn't read Moneyball but would like to. We have a sabermetrics cult member in our office who often touts the ways of Billy Beane, and I always have to ask, "What have they won?" So they're good, not great. So are the Minnesota Twins. So are the Chicago Cubs. So are the Anaheim Angels.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't doubt that there will be a "Moneyball" movie.

And they'll probably turn it into a romantic comedy. They will peel away any actual baseball depth it could have had. Think "Semi-Tough."

So the question is, who will land the prized Tabitha Soren role?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I could see it as one of those God awful ESPN movies. The facts will be "slightly" changed so Beane gives the team a pep talk during a crucial part of the season and is carried off the field after the A's win the World Series.

But a studio film? Insanely bad idea even if Pitt is attached.

8. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

I can't wait for more people to show up on this thread and prove their misunderstanding of "Moneyball" and the concepts that led to the writing of the book. We haven't had a good regurgitation of update on those tired misconceptions in some time.

9. Best starting rotation in baseball for three years.
    No playoff wins.
    Res ipse loquitur.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

With Bruce Willis as Scott Hatteberg, who will rescue children from a burning building, and beat up Chuck Norris and Cole Hamels.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

George Clooney as Bill James. :D :D

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nick Nolte as Murray Chass.

Draft saved Draft deleted