1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Playing: Dogs, Pigs and Sheep (Animals)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Most definitely. I love the LIVE versions as well with Algie.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Uh....not so much.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I love "Not Now John".

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I actually caught a show on the local PBS station by the Australian Floyd tribute and their version - which was great - sent me in search of live versions and there are some great ones out there.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll add "Lucifer Sam" to your list of cool "Piper" songs. Syd's guitar work is awesome.

Always wanted to name one of our adopted cats after that song, but Mrs. Coco is not on board.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Man card. Now.

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I had to rate my Top 5 Pink Floyd Studio Albums and Top 5 Pink Floyd Songs, they would be as follows. I'm not counting any of their Best of Box Sets, or any of their LIVE stuff........although I remember the first time I saw the VCR Tape (Yes........it was that long ago........) of Delicate Sound of Thunder........and I saw Run Like Hell, I thought "HOLY FUCKING BALLS"

Albums Songs
    5. Momentary Lapse of Reason 5. Learning to Fly
    4. The Wall 4. Run Like Hell
    3. Meddle 3. Echoes
    2. Animals 2. Sorrow
    1. Dark Side of the Moon 1. Comfortably Numb

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

One of my all time favorite WKRP lines, damn that they couldn't get the rights for the DVD.

Mr. Carlson: 'Do I hear dogs barking?'
    Johnny Fever: 'I do.'

I was always sort of aware of Pink Floyd but wouldn't got out of my way to listen to them until I saw them three nights at the Vet in Philly while I was working in a concession stand out of the visitor's dugout. Yeah, they climbed to the top of the list right away.

Chef2 likes this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sheep just popped up on my Classic Rock Pandora.

If there was one concert you could see, who would it be? It would be Pink Floyd for me.

Good friend of mine that I got my start in radio with saw Pink Floyd at Mile High Stadium in Denver .....and he has seen A SHITLOAD OF CONCERTS. Said Pink Floyd trumped them all, and it wasn't really close.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Among prog rockers, it would have to be either Pink Floyd or the Peter Gabriel-era Genesis in the early to mid-1970s. The shows from that era on YouTube are fantastic, and that's with rather primitive recording technology capturing them.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would have loved to have seen Genesis in their prime.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've been listening to Meddle lately. That is a very under valued album. Fearless is a great great song.

Draft saved Draft deleted